Qigong, whether hard or soft refers to deep breathing exercises performed with little or no movement. Hard or soft is relative to how much tension is put on the body and its systems of muscles, bones, joints, circulatory and flow of energy within it.
Benefits including but not limited to:
– build muscular is well as internal strength, gain flexibility, improve balance, develop coordination, relief stress, lose weight
– unlimited amount of exercises for symmetrical & asymmetrical, bilateral development
– with 1-5 levels of difficulty, athletes or injured, young or old, can benefit from Qigong
– stretching & strengthening of the myofascial trains
– exercises for upper & lower body
– anaerobic & aerobic exercises
– low impact exercises
– develop martial skills
The 8 Extra Vessels
The 8 Extraordinary Vessels are part of the body’s meridian energy system. These vessels serve as reservoirs for the 12 Regular meridians. Above all else, they regulate the excess and lack of energy within the other meridians. These vessels are located in close proximity to the other meridians, often-times intersecting or running parallel with them. Some practices of these exercises fill and pressurize the 8 Vessels and is considered as “hard Qigong” and is somewhat advanced or challenging training.
I am eagerly pursuing new avenues and network connections to grow a community of like-minded individuals who have an open perspective to improve their mind, body and spirit to their fullest potential. Classes, lectures, seminars and demonstrations are all opportunities that I offer to showcase this valuable library of health related methods.
Private or small group classes are held within the Wekiva Neighborhood of Longwood, FL or a negotiated location. Cost is $50 per hour per person.
Lectures & seminars for Tai Chi & Qigong for wellness available upon request.
Group classes are held at Winter Park Presbyterian Church on Mondays & Fridays 11:30am-12:30pm. Cost is $8.00 per 1-hour class for drop-ins.
Contact [email protected] for more information or 407-234-0119.